Two Day Preschool
Age 2 by August 31st
Thursday and Friday 9:00-11:00 AM
Teacher: Kim Seater
Preschool Teacher Kim Seater will be leading your children two mornings a week through a wonderful, child-centered curriculum. Our class provides a safe place to explore independence and, as your child becomes more comfortable with language, we help them learn to communicate their needs.
9:30 Welcome from Teacher Kim
9:45 Choice Time to Play, Explore, Pretend, and Create
10:45 Clean up Time
10:50 Circle Time Story and Songs
11:15 Music and Movement
11:30 Time to say Good Bye
Parents assist in the classroom one day a week.
- You choose whether your day each week will be either Thursday or Friday.
- We teach you ways to interact with the kids using our “positive discipline” philosophy.
- Some 2-3’s have a hard time separating–we follow your lead and help you both make this transition.
- On a rotating basis, bring a healthy snack for the children.
Parents get to:
- attend a monthly, evening parent meeting to discuss business and parenting topics
- help with the running of the preschool and fundraising
- choose a co-op job that fits your interests, skill, and time
- become friends with other families that are investing in our children’s education
Parent Education is an important part of our Two Day Preschool
- A Parenting Educator attends class one day each week (alternating Thursday and Friday) ready to check in with you to offer tips that will help at home and at school
- The class chooses one night a month for a Parent Meeting–time to learn about guidance and discipline AND as an adult night out together
- To personalize your learning, choose from a list of free talks on topics such as: Guidance & Discipline, Raising Boys/Girls, Separation, Sleep, Potty Learning, First Aid and CPR
“Being in co-op helped us move through those ‘Terrible Two’s’ I had heard about. They weren’t so bad because I had friends going through it together–with the help of our teachers!”
Questions? Contact us