- Monday-Wednesday 9-11am, Age 3 by August 31st
- Teacher: Karen Vegors
- Parent Educator: Jen Schill
Three year olds are full of wonder and are ready to learn by DOING. Through guided play at preschool they are:
- Developing social skills
- Using language to solve problems
- Practicing self regulation
- Making neural (brain) connections that are the foundation for reading and math
Alki Co-op Preschool’s curriculum is play-based. We believe that a child’s play is their work and that learning happens best when children use their bodies, their senses, their hearts, and their minds to discover their world.
Our class provides a stimulating variety of choices to explore for active, whole body learning. Challenges of learning to wait and negotiate with friends are met with understanding and proactive teaching.
Preschool teacher Kristi Keithly will be leading your children at our West Seattle preschool through a wonderful, child centered play curriculum that includes:
- Small class size for plenty of individualized attention
- Science exploration and science projects
- Sensory play
- Cooperative dramatic play
- Gross motor development in our climbing room
- Hands-on art projects
- Social emotion skill building
- Choice time to play, explore, pretend and create
- Put away time (we made a joyful mess and we learn to clean up too)
- Circle time story (learning to sit and take part)
- Music and movement (singing and using big muscles)
- Parents work one day each week.
- Your child attends class without you the other two days.
- If you cannot come in due to illness, etc. you can ask another parent to cover for you or trade.
- We teach you ways to interact with the kids using our “positive discipline” philosophy.
- Some “Threes” have a hard time separating– we follow your lead and help you both make this transition.
- Parents rotate bringing a healthy snack for the children. Your snack day will be about once every one to two months.