- Monday-Wednesday 9-11am, Age 3 by August 31st
- Teacher: Karen Vegors
- Parent Educator: Jen Schill
Three year olds are full of wonder and are ready to learn by DOING. Through guided play at preschool they are:
- Developing social skills
- Using language to solve problems
- Practicing self regulation
- Making neural (brain) connections that are the foundation for reading and math
Alki Co-op Preschool’s curriculum is play-based. We believe that a child’s play is their work and that learning happens best when children use their bodies, their senses, their hearts, and their minds to discover their world.
Our class provides a stimulating variety of choices to explore for active, whole body learning. Challenges of learning to wait and negotiate with friends are met with understanding and proactive teaching.
- Choice time to play, explore, pretend and create
- Put away time (we made a joyful mess and we learn to clean up too)
- Circle time story (learning to sit and take part)
- Music and movement (singing and using big muscles)
- Parents work one day each week.
- Your child attends class without you the other two days.
- If you cannot come in due to illness, etc. you can ask another parent to cover for you or trade.
- We teach you ways to interact with the kids using our “positive discipline” philosophy.
- Some “Threes” have a hard time separating– we follow your lead and help you both make this transition.
- Parents rotate bringing a healthy snack for the children. Your snack day will be about once every one to two months.